Monday, July 21, 2014



http://www.ted.com/talks/sir_ken_robinson_bring_on_the_revolution

I believe in what Mr. Robinson is saying whole heartedly.  I do see our culture struggling with the idea of creating change.  We have so much at stake in our country when we ask people to change the way they do things.  Our American culture tends to hang on to a way of doing things (loved when Robinson refferred to a Lincoln quote about being "enthralled" with a way that "we" do things). 

After watching this video and other similar resources with the idea of education revolution I just think of how slow this change may or will actually occur. I am in desperate need to be part of change and to provide more robust learning in my classroom. 


3 comments:

  1. You're a part of that revolution in Bend/LaPine! I'm excited to see how things go for you all in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading a great book about change by two researchers...can't remember their names, but the book is called, Switch: How to change when change is hard. It's not related to the education world which is sometimes refreshing, but it's helped me pinpoint what parts of the charge I've missed the boat on. If you are helping to lead change, I'd highly recommend this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete